- Ben Buitendijk & Koen Hoets – Coordinated EP / An der Grenze (ADG002 ; 2016)
- Ben Buitendijk – Venomous EP / Oblique Music (OBG001 ; 2016)
- Ben Buitendijk – Magnitude EP / OGUN Records (OGUN001 ; 2014)
- Tetelepta & Buitendijk / KERING (KERING#002 ; 2014)
- Various Artists – Collection Sampler 1/3 / Field Records (Field001 ; 2014) | Ben Buitendijk – Colourblind
- Ivano Tetelepta & Friends – Volume 1 / Fear Of Flying (FOF025 ; 2013) | Ivano Tetelepta & Ben Buitendijk – Nine Times
- Jorge Zamacona / Ben Buitendijk – Mosaic Split Series (Part One) / Mosaic (Mosaicsplit01 ; 2013)
- Ben Buitendijk – Promised Land
- Various Artists – Field Records Collection / Field Records (FCD001 ; 2014) | Ben Buitendijk – Colourblind
Born 1991, Ben Buitendijk is a Dutch young artist we got to know when we started working with his fellow Roger Gerressen. Ben and Roger were both part of the ESHU team before Roger decided to focus on his new project OGUN records on which Buitendijk did the first release.
A rising talent, Ben made his first appearance as a music producer when he released in collaboration with Ivano Tetelepta (another ESHU’s member) ‘Nine Times’ on English label Fear Of Flying(FOF025). One month later, he shared the ‘Mosaic split series – Part One’ with Jorge Zamacona with his track ‘Promised Land’ on the UK’s icon Steve O’Sullivan’s imprint. Furthermore, Ben released music under the name Dilated Pupils, a project composed by his mates Alex Jansen, Ivano Tetelepta, Jocelyn Abell, Robbert van der Bildt, Tom Liem and Roger Gerresen. Early 2014, Dilated Pupils released the ‘241020’ EP on Mode Of Expression (MOE001K).
Ben then introduced a solo production with ‘Colourblind’ on Field Records, sharing the release ‘Collection – Sampler 1/3’ (Field011) with Acronym and Voiski, before ending the year with the opening release ‘Magnitude’ EP on Roger Gerressen OGUN’s label (OGUN001).
Ben’s music varies from Deep to Dub-Techno, improving a clear and refined deep sound that characterises the one that former and current ESHU’s members have developed over the past few years.
Since the end of 2014, Ben Buitendijk has been focusing more on his DJ career. He has played all over his home country with ESHU who is in charge of his booking enquiries for The Netherlands.
In March 2016, Ben Buitendijk will launch his own playground Oblique Music with first release 'Black Mamba' EP (OBQ001) by himself. This release will be followed by his 'Coordinated' EP (ADG002) in collaboration with his friend Koen Hoets on LumièresLaNuit's co-founder, Edouard, techno label An der Grenze by the end of April 2016.
PERFORMANCE : Dj- set
IN GROUPS : Dilated Pupils
LABELS : OGUN Records, Mosaic, Fear Of Flying, Field Records, KERING
- Magnitude EP (OGUN001) on Earmilk
BOOKING AGENCY :
- OGUN (The Netherlands only)
- LumièresLaNuit (rest of the world)
- Allen & Heath Xone:92 mixer (priority) or Pioneer DJM 800
- 2 (two) Technics SL-1210 MK2 turntables with new needles, 2 (two) slipmats and a working grounding
- 2 (two) Pioneer CDJ-2000 cd players (with link between players)
- 2 (two) Active Speaker Monitors / High quality sound system
BOOKING AGENT: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com